Although uniquely compliant with current law and guidance, is the collection and aggregation of data from the IoT and social media an ethical use of data?
Write a 750- to 1,100-word blog post for cybersecurity students that includes the following:
- How the IoT and social media have been affected by cybersecurity over time.
- Explain why personally identifiable information being collected is or is not used entirely for ethical purposes.
- If companies build security directly into IoT devices before implementing the hardware into the system, the security would be sounder and could be tested ahead of time instead of building security around the device as an afterthought. Suppose that you are one of the executive members of the company and face this option. However, the built-in security would cost three times higher than the regular without built-in security. Provide your rationale for the decision in light of the Christian worldview.
- How to inform users of the risk associated with posting their personal information online.
- The privacy laws as well as legal basis that protects users’ risks to privacy from social media platform provider abuses.
- An analysis of the ethical implications of cybersecurity policies and regulations put in place to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the intellectual property.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.