The way the teacher introduces and reinforces procedures, technology, and behavior expectations sets the stage for building the community within the classroom. When teachers have clear and consistent procedures and expectations, students are more likely to be successful.
For this assignment, you will create a video using any video recording device.
Choose two classroom expectations, procedures, or rules from the digital presentation you created in Topic 2. Create a 2-3 minute explainer video to demonstrate how you will introduce these to your students to set the stage and build community in the classroom.
Your explainer video should include:
- Introduction of two expectations, procedures, or rules and how they will be implemented in your classroom.
- Important tasks inherent to the expectation, procedures, or rules.
- How setting the stage introducing expectations, procedures, and rules helps to create a culture of community within the classroom.
- Challenges faced when creating the classroom as a community.
- Specific strategies to establish discipline, rewards, and consequences in the classroom.
- How to use technology to promote community and authentic learning experiences.
Use the “Explainer Video” template to support your video with a minimum of three scholarly resources.
Show professionalism in your speech and appearance.
Remember, video and audio quality are important and should be taken into consideration. Ensure your video is filmed with sufficient lighting and the volume is adequate for viewers to hear. Intonation, expression, proper speech, and professional attire are expected.
Use an online video platform such as Loom, YouTube, or Vimeo to upload your completed video. Ensure that others can access and view your linked video prior to submitting the assignment. If you upload your video to YouTube, select the “unlisted” option.