Diabetes Management Education for a Hispanic female patient
Please only use the sources I am providing and follow the content distribution instructions in the word attacgment
Only Develop the ideas in the outline.
No copying or pasting from the internet (no plagiarism, this will be submitted to turn it in and mydropbox)
No patchy work. Develop the ideas. DO NOT CITE/paraphrase authors without developing the ideas
Only use the sources I am providing
Watch for word choices. Sometimes the synonyms given by a thesaurus make the reading hard to follow.
Be coherent and cohesive
This also will be submitted to smarthinking for grammar
(3 pages) Part one:
Pretend you are trying to teach diabetes management to a 40-year old female Hispanic who has diabetes:
• What are the learning needs:
o Disease process,
o and pharmacological management
• Assessment information used for identification of need:
o Use diabetes knowledge scale- read article Evaluation of Sweet temptations a fotonovela for diabetes education
• Assessment of learning needs:
o including readiness to learn: the patient is ready to learn and motivated
o ability to learn: patient reads and writes in Spanish.
o adult learning theory: Gardner’s multiple intelligence theory-visual learner
• Create a nursing diagnosis that supports the client’s learning need and a rationale for choosing this priority need
o Knowledge deficit regarding diabetes disease process and management:
• Create an evaluation tool to measure learning and progress toward goal:
o Write down a 5 questionsQuestionnaire
• Use of evidence-based practice/research to support the knowledge included in the learning experience
o Use the articles provided
(3 pages) Part two: The student will plan and implement a teaching experience with the client that includes:
• A mutually agreed upon goal that is a) person-centered, b) realistic, c) measurable
and d) includes a time frame:
Patient will demonstrate how to use the glucometer by the end of the second session
• Description of learning domain:
• cognitive domain-visual
• Description of and rationale for teaching techniques appropriate for goal and client
• PowerPoint presentation and Fotonovela
• Description of environment, time frame, budget if applicable, and rationale for
• Endocrinology clinic at HCMC
• 2 individual sessions
• List all the interventions with rationale used in implementation of the plan:
Fotonovela: read article Evaluation of Sweet temptations a fotonovela for diabetes education
• Describe adult learning principles and how they guided the planning and
• Learning by doing
• Respect for learner as decision makers
• Relevance of the content being taught
• Mutual accountability
(2 pages) Part three: The student will evaluate the effectiveness of the teaching experience. The evaluation includes:
• Data collected from the use of the evaluation tool
• Was the goal met or not and why?
• How would the client and nurse know if the learning took place?
• What barriers were encountered?
• Did your choice of methods address the learning need?
• What went well and what would you do differently next time?
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!