DOC 670 Case 2
In this assignment we are still referencing mental health as with previous Doc670 assignments. Thank you.
Module 2 – CaseDESIGNING THE STUDY AND ASSESSMENT OF THE RESEARCH CONTEXTAssignment Overview
In this Case, you will be reading materials relating to definition of constructs, operational definition, and measurement. Then, you will be asked to create a list of such constructs and measures for your own study, taking into consideration the issues you have been reviewing and the decisions that you previously made regarding research designs. You will also be asked to identify control and/or environmental factors that you won’t be able to include directly in your study, but which might affect your results.
As the course progresses, you will be making a series of decisions in which you will increasingly specify the structure of your project. These decisions build on each other in critical ways. However, you are not locked into previous decisions if you subsequently decide you need to change direction. You have an opportunity to go back and revise and/or extend the previous section completed in the previous module. If you do revise the earlier section, please include it and indicate what changes you have made to it. Case grades given for the first four modules will be advisory rather than final.
Prepare a 5- to 7-page paper in accordance with the following Assignment Expectations, describing the measurement issues for your project in accordance with the following outline:
- List of main concepts in your study; why you believe that each of them is important.
- Any explicit or implicit model that you may believe connects these concepts and that you propose to explore, if any. See above on creating and illustrating models.
- Initial operational definitions of your study concepts, arranged in the form of this grid (please replace our illustration with your information):ConceptsConstructsVariables/IndicatorsMeasuresSourceStudy or controlLevel of analysisLoveLove of childrenTime spent with childMinutes of direct contact per weekObservationStudyIndividualQuality of interactionAssessments immediately after interaction; qualitative ordinal scale 1-5 low-highQuestionnaire to participantsStudyIndividualGenderSelf-expressed genderGender categorySelf-identificationParticipant queryControlIndividualProfitabilityROIROICalculated rateOrganizational recordsStudyOrganizational
- List any concerns you may have about measurement or the general availability of the data you need.
Length: The written component of this assignment should be 5–7 pages long (double-spaced) without counting the cover page and reference page.
Organization: Subheadings should be used to organize your paper according to the questions.
Grammar and Spelling: While no points are deducted for minor errors, assignments are expected to adhere to standard guidelines of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence syntax. Points may be deducted if grammar and spelling impact clarity. We encourage you to use tools such as grammarly.comand proofread your paper before submission.
When you write your paper make sure you do the following:
- Answer the assignment questions directly.
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions. Do not go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials.
- Use evidence from your readings to justify your conclusions.
- Be sure to cite at least five credible resources.
- Make sure to reference your sources of information with both a bibliography and in-text citations. See the Trident guide to APA Style, 7th edition. Another resource is the “Writing Style Guide,” which is found under “My Resources” in the TLC Portal.
Your assignment will be graded using the following criteria:
Assignment-Driven Criteria: Student demonstrates mastery covering all key elements of the assignment.
Critical Thinking/Application to Professional Practice: Student demonstrates mastery conceptualizing the problem and analyzing information. Conclusions are logically presented and applied to professional practice in an exceptional manner.
Business Writing and Quality of References: Student demonstrates mastery and proficiency in written communication and use of appropriate and relevant literature at the doctoral level.
Citing Sources: Student demonstrates mastery applying APA formatting standards to both in-text citations and the reference list.
Professionalism and Timeliness: Assignments are submitted on time.