This course exposed you to the four major fields of earth science: geology, meteorology, oceanography, and astronomy.
1. Choose a topic from an area of earth science that most interests you, making sure your topic is broad enough to discuss in 8-10 pages.
2. You will also want to do a library search to make sure that you can find at least 10 good sources to help you research your topi and cite using CSU-Global’s guidelines for writing and APA style.
3. Be sure your paper is 8-10 pages long, includes a title page, is double spaced, and has 1-inch margins.
4. These papers will be uploaded into the plagiarism checker, so make sure you do not use more then 15-20% of text from sources, including quotes or closely paraphrased material.
Consider choosing a topic outlined below or determine your own topic.
• Do some research where you currently live (Denver, CO) and investigate the minerals and/or rocks that are being mined. Look at the abundance, the mining techniques, the economic advantages as well as the environmental impacts of these activities.
This site might help if you live in Colorado, but each state has a similar website for their geological resources: http://geosurvey.state.co.us/MINERALS/GENERAL/Pages/History.aspx
• Do some research on the water resources where you currently live and describe your local hydrologic cycle, the availability of running water, information about local flooding possibilities, and the availability and quality of your local groundwater supplies.
• Investigate the science involved in studying volcanoes or earthquakes and analyze how technologies have changed over time in the monitoring of these volatile geological activities.
You can discuss any local geological activities if you live in an area affected by such activity.
• Investigate the science of oceanography, possibly looking at current research being done within the oceans or shorelines.
• Climate change is a major topic these days. If you choose this as your topic, do not do a generalized overview of the global changes. For this topic you should look at specific changes happening within your locality and the possible environmental impacts as well as the economic impacts of climate change over time.
• Investigate the science of meteorology, possibly looking at current research in weather forecasting or the prevalence and characteristics of tornadoes and hurricanes.
• Investigate the science of astronomy, possibly looking at some of the current research being done within our solar system or beyond.
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!