1. What are the major problems of the U.S. health care system?
2. What should be the focus of measuring value as health care’s share of GDP grows?
3. Discuss the social components of the U.S. health care system.
4. Discuss the different types of health care ownership. What are the ethical implications of a health care organization operating as a for-profit organization?
5. Refer to Vignette: Charlie is a 40-year-old Caucasian man. What scenario would cost society less? Charlie suffering complications from his diabetes and obesity, losing his job and health insurance, and requiring inpatient hospital care; or, Charlie eating a healthy diet, exercising, losing weight, and following all of the recommendations of his dietitian?