identifying and Evaluating Crime Control
QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED.EACH QUESTION MUST be 1/3 to1/2 page in length.
1. Explain what is meant by the term victimization paradox and describe its consequences.
2. Define the term displacement and provide some examples of the various types.
3. Describe the central features of the due process and the crime control perspective.
4. Explain why the criminal justice system is characterized as a non-system.
5. Kathy Doherty was arrested for possession of cocaine. This is her first drug offense, and she had no prior arrest record. Additionally, she was charged with fencing stolen property to make money to support her drug habit. The police had seized exactly $3,000 of stolen jewelry and $1,200 of clothing that had been stolen from a local shopping mall. Kathy was subsequently convicted on felony drug charges, as well as felony possession of stolen property.
You are to be the judge deciding her sentence. Before rendering your decision, review the goals of crime control in chapter 2. Decide which punishment best serves the offender and society. Then decide what type of sentence you want to give Kathy.
BOOK THAT SHOULD BE USED IF POSSIBLE:
CRIME CONTROL in America WHAT WORKS? 2nd edition by John L. Worrall
1. National Crime Victimization Survey, 2006 [Record-Type Files]
2. Uniform Crime Reporting Program Data [United States]: Arrests by Age, Sex, and Race, 2006
3. J. Austin. (2003). “Why Criminology is Irrelevant,” Criminology and Public Policy 2:557-564.
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!