The assignment is as follows:
This assignment is intended to familiarise you with the application of metrics in appraising publications in the peer-reviewed literature.
You are provided with two papers, both based on the same topic or general subject area.
1. Provide a SINGLE TABLE summarising the values of the metrics for these two papers.
2. Identify is the “best” paper, according to these metrics.
3. Identify the two the most significant metrics, briefly explaining why you feel these are the most important in this case.
4. Identify the “best” paper in this topic/subject area, briefly indicating how you did it.
1a Total number of cites
1b Number of cites per year
2 Journal IF
3 Journal ranking in cohort
4 Number of references
5a No. of recent journal publications (<5 years before publication yr of paper) cited
5b % of recent publications (<6 years before publication yr of paper) cited
6a Number of cited papers in top 20% of cohort
6b Percentage of cited papers in top 20% of cohort
7a Number of papers cited in the Discussion
7b % of papers cited in the Discussion
8a Number of data or sets trends presented
8b Number of data generated from these trends
1a Number of elderly references (> 10y before year of publication of paper) cited
1b % of elderly references (> 10y before year of publication of paper) cited
2a Number of self-cites
2b % of self-cites
3a Number of non-peer reviewed publications cited
3b % of non-peer reviewed publications cited
• Any journal with the term “biotech” or “environ” can be considered part of the Environmental Science group of journals or (subject group or cohort)
• Biotechnology Techniques was absorbed into Biotechnology Letters in 2000
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!