MORAL DEVELOPMENT THEORIES ASSIGNMENT
OVERVIEWSocial, moral, and emotional development flows directly from teacher to pupil. It is essential to remember that you are not only imparting content and head knowledge to your learners; you are modeling and cultivating character qualities in your learners that will help to equip them for life.
INSTRUCTIONSFor this assignment you will write a 1,500-word paper (minimum) that includes an introduction, conclusion, and the following sections:
1) Describe each of the following theories:
– Jean Piaget’s Theory of Moral Development- Lawrence Kohlberg’s Theory of Moral Development- Elliot Turiel’s Moral Domain Theory- Albert Bandura’s Theory of Moral Development through Social Learning
2) Choose two theories and explain how they are similar. Provide two examples to clarify the similarities.
3) Choose two theories and explain how they differ from one another. Provide two examples to clarify the differences.
4) Choose one theory and explain how it aligns with a biblical worldview. Use at least one scripture to support your explanation.
The paper must be written at a master’s level quality, and it must follow current APA format. Title and Reference pages are required. The paper must include citations from your textbook (citation / reference below) and at least two additional, scholarly resources.
Gutek, G. L. (2013). Philosophical, ideological, and theoretical perspectives on education (2nd ed.). Pearson.