My emotional is AVENGE
Emotional Intelligence [WLO: 1] [CLOs: 4, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read Chapters 8, 9, and 10 from the course text New leadership for Today’s Health Care Professionals: Concepts and Cases, and Chapter 24 from the course text Health Information Management: Concepts, Principles, and Practice. Complete the How Emotionally Intelligent Are You?Links to an external site.
Cherry (2020) describes emotional intelligence as the “ability to perceive, control, and evaluate emotions” (“What Is Emotional Intelligence” section). Emotional intelligence is sometimes referred to as “people smart” strategies. Emotional intelligence skill sets are the following:
- Social Skills
- Emotional Control
In your discussion post,
- Analyze the results of the quiz. Did you agree or disagree with the results of your assessment? Articulate reasons to support your answer.
- Describe a situation at work, home, or social gathering, where emotional intelligence may have helped the situation. Some examples include dealing with your teenager, an upset co-worker, a disgruntled PTA member, a toxic teacher, and so forth.
- Identify one scholarly article from the University of Arizona Global Campus Library on emotional intelligence (no article can be repeated within the discussion). Summarize the article and share how the article’s key points could be used in your situation at work, home or social gathering.
- Once you have selected your article, post the article title to the discussion forum early, so no one else uses the same article for the discussion.
- For help with identifying scholarly articles, review the resources Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and other Credible Sources Links to an external site.and Quick and Easy Library Research Links to an external site.from the library.
Your initial post should be a minimum of 300 words. Include a minimum of two scholarly or credible sources, excluding any course material, formatted in APA Style as outlined by the Writing Center. Your textbook cannot be one of the two required sources. You can review the resource Formatting Your References List Links to an external site.to learn more.
Guided Response: Post a minimum of three follow-up responses to peers by Day 7. Each peer response should be a minimum of five full sentences. Compare and contrast your initial post with your peer’s post. How is the assessment similar or different? Share an additional perspective, or present new information about the discussion topic.
You are encouraged to post your required replies earlier in the week to promote more meaningful and interactive discourse in this discussion forum. Continue to monitor the discussion forum through Day 7 (Monday), and respond to anyone who replies to your initial post.