(1) Nutrition Counseling/Motivational Interviewing ppt; 2) JADA Nutrition Counseling Review; 3) Overview of Motivational Interviewing and answer the questions below.
1. What is motivational interviewing? How does motivational interviewing differ from
other nutrition counseling strategies?
2. Describe some of the research evidence (from Spahn et al.) that supports the efficacy of motivational
interviewing for the purpose of nutrition-related behavior change.
3. Do you think that motivational interviewing can be effective when counseling athletes? Why or why not? What
type of athlete may benefit from motivational interviewing? What type of athlete (if any) may not benefit from
4. Describe a sample athlete with a given nutrition goal (of your choice) (include the sport, current training,
and description of the nutrition goal). What are some questions you would ask and/or statements you would make
when implementing motivational interviewing for this athlete?
5. Have you ever implemented motivational interviewing when working with a patient,
client, or athlete? Describe your experience. If you have never previously implemented motivational interviewing,
describe a previous situation for which motivational interviewing may have been effective.
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!