Directions: Choose a national or regional incident of workplace or school violence. After reviewing this act of violence, address the following:
1. Provide a brief review of the incident.
2. As the security manager, discuss the role that private security would have played in this incident (or did play) and how this differs from that of the role of public security.
3. Identify any telltale signs of the incident happening prior to the event. How can a security manager best anticipate such incidents?
4. Discuss measures that were put in place post incident in terms of physical asset protection. If no measures can be identified, discuss two measures that could be put in place in terms of physical asset protection.
5. Discuss what you believe to be the two most important factors to be considered in the realm of security management, security components and operational conditions in preventing incidents of workplace or school violence and why these are the most important.
6. Discuss what you believe to be the two most significant administrative challenges that a security manager in incidents of workplace or school violence face, and how these challenges might be overcome.
Paper must be double spaced, 11 or 12 pt font and 1margins all around.
All APA 7th edition format requirements must be followed (cover page, in text citations, reference page). Refer to APA/UMGC – learning resources found in the content page of this course.
You must have resources to support your thoughts/opinions/information. These must be cited both in text as well as at the end of the document.
Your paper should not contain direct quotes, sourced material must be paraphrased.