Transportation Logistics Module 4 Internet Assignment -21st Century Railroads
Homework assignment. I have attached login information and the worksheet for the assignment
Module 4 Internet Assignment -21st Century RailroadsIntroductionThe success of the U.S. freight railroad system has shown that moving goods by rail can be economical, efficient, and profitable. Trains are an essential part of a country’s infrastructure, so what does their future look like? The Assignment – select and review a current article or case addressing railroad management in the 21st century.Summarizing articles will help you to develop your critical thinking skills and your ability to express yourself in written form. Here are some practical hints on how to summarize an article. Articles are written to get across a lot of information quickly to a reader. Before you can write such a summary, you need to read and understand the article.Reading the Article – Allow enough time. Plan to spend at least one-half of the time you devote to this assignment reading and understanding the article.Scan the article first- You will get bogged down in detail if you try to read a new article from start to finish.Read for depth – After you have highlighted the questions, findings, and interpretations, go back to the article to read about each area in more detail.Plagiarism and taking notes. Plagiarism is presenting someone else’s work as your own. Most plagiarism is unintentional, from faulty note-taking and poor understanding of what is being reported. To avoid it:
- Take notes in your own words.
- Remember that you are digesting information, not swallowing it whole. If an idea is relevant to your topic, you should be able to summarize it in your own words. If you cannot, you probably do not understand it.
- Avoid writing complete sentences when note-taking.
- When note-taking, distinguish between what the author wrote and your comments about it (e.g., use different inks or put a star next to quoted sections.
LOG 125 CurrentEventArticleReviewWksht.docx LOG 125 CurrentEventArticleReviewWksht.docx – Alternative Formats (opens in a new window)Resources Using the Internet select an article or case less than 5 years old to review and complete the attached worksheet.Suggested websites for your article review-
- https://www.insidesources.com/trains-moving-american-goods-more-efficiently-and-more-safely-than-ever-before/ (opens in a new window)
- https://www.citylab.com/life/2014/10/a-complete-guide-to-the-future-of-us-freight-movement/381012/ (opens in a new window)
- https://www.aar.org/article/the-future-of-rail/ (opens in a new window)
- https://www.oliverwyman.com/our-expertise/insights/2017/sep/oliver-wyman-transport-and-logistics-2017/operations/disruption-the-future-of-rail-freight.html (opens in a new window)
- https://www.smartrailworld.com/9-major-factors-shaping-the-future-of-the-rail-industry (opens in a new window)