UMA graduate, John, just started working in a healthcare office and spends much of his day keyboarding. Observe John’s ergonomic typing technique in the image located below, and compare to the recommended technique in the other image.
Refer to the Office Ergonomics reading from Week 1 to help you with your discussion.
John’s Ergonomic Typing Technique
Recommended Typing Technique
2. Initial Post: Create a new thread and answer all three parts of the initial prompt below
- After analyzing the images, what is problematic about John’s position/technique?
- Provide recommendation(s) for improving John’s workstation and/or technique to minimize the risk of injury.
- What are the long-term consequences for John’s health and wellness if he continues to use this technique?
Complete your Reply Posts by Sunday at 11:59pm EST.
3. Reply Posts: Reply to two people on different days
To add to the academic conversation, reply to your classmates/instructor by introducing a new idea that applies personal experience(s) and/or new knowledge gained from either courseroom material(s) or research (UMA Library). Make sure your reply is substantive. For example, how were your thoughts and ideas similar or different? Do you agree or disagree with their point of view, and why or why not? Remember to build on your classmates’ posts and expand the conversation as if you were all sitting in the same room having a face-to-face discussion.